13 February 2010

2010 Winter Geneabloggers Games



In the summer of 2008, I participated in the first geneablogger games. In fact, my very first blog post was my entry into the games. I can't believe that two years have gone by so quickly.

The purpose of the geneablogger games, you ask? Well Thomas MacEntee over at
Geneabloggers says, "The Summer 2008 GeneaBloggers Games were such a success at attracting new bloggers and getting established bloggers to energize their sites." Also this " is an opportunity to communicate to those new to genealogy that it is an activity filled with fun and intellectually stimulating challenges."

For all the rules and regulations please visit the
Official Game Page .


Each blogger is asked to create a Heritage Flag. I made mine at
WeAreMulticolored .





The top part of the flag represents my Russian heritage, the middle is my Irish heritage and the bottom represents my French heritage.


The Categories of Competition

1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources
2. Back Up Your Data
3. Organize Your Research
4. Expand Your Knowledge
5. Write, Write, Write!
6. Reach Out and Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness

Within each category are 5 or more tasks. You must complete at least one of these tasks to earn a Bronze Medal. Completing all of the tasks will earn you a Platinum Medal.

It is my intention to go for the Platinum. I have been working out, especially in the citation area and am ready for the first event which starts Monday, February 15th!

No comments:

Post a Comment