25 November 2010

It Isn't Thanksgiving Unless You Watch The Parade

You all know what I'm talking about. The Big Ta-Do in New York City. Yeah, yeah - they also have the Easter Parade where one wears their Easter Bonnet and sashays down 5th Avenue.
This is even better than wearing funny hats. This parade has huge character balloons and best of all? Santa is always there, bring up the rear in his HUGE float. Although I have never understood why he rides in a clam shell / swan chair , I thought the red sleigh rocked.
Anyhoo, since it's Thanksgiving, I am going to share some of my all time favorite balloons with you cause that's the kind of girl I am.


Woody the Woodpecker is a favorite of mine from way, way back.






Well there is Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor and then we have Popye and Olive Oyl.






I adore Bullwinkle - "Watch me pull a rabbit out of a hat"






"Here he comes to save the day . . . Underdog!"


There he is! It's Santa. Watching this particular parade is kind of like comfort food for me. I know , that no matter what else is going on in the world, Santa will be there each and every year, bringing up the rear at the end of the Thanksgiving Day parade. Waving to me like an old and dear friend.

Happy Thanksgiving from my home to yours!

3 comments:

  1. Very enjoyable. Now I don't feel so bad for doing the Turkey Trot this morning and missing the parade on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah... I love those balloons ...especially Popeye! You're right, it isn't Thanksgiving without the parade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, now my Thanksgiving is complete. I was really missing Bullwinkle as we watched the parade today. "Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!" Thanks, Sheri.

    ReplyDelete