12 September 2008

My Paternal Surnames

As you will see from the list below, I have not been as successful in researching the father's side of the family as I have with my mother's side. I am sure this is because most of this side of my family immigrated much later (mid to late 1800's) than my mother's side (mid to late 1600's)

BEFORT - My 2nd great grandfather is Gerhard Befort (1832-1906) I descend through his son John then through Edmund (my grandfather) through Stanley (my father). The Befort's are from Obermonjou, Samara, Russia. They are Catholic German Russians from the Volga River Valley. Gerhard brought his family to Munjor, Ellis County Kansas in 1878.

BORGSTADTER - My 2nd great grandfather is Fred Borgstadter (1853-1929) I descend through his son Henry through his daughter Myrtle. Lincoln County, Kansas. Fred immigrated to the U.S. in 1872 from Germany.

BESSON - My 2nd great grandfather is Louis Ernst Besson (1865-1939) I descend through his daughter Emogene. Louis immigrated to the U.S. in 1884 from Germany.

HOBROCK - My 4th great grandfather is Christian Hobrock (1810-1890) I descend through Henry - Elizabeth. Christian immigrated to the U.S. in 1847 from Germany. Beardstown, Cass County, Illinois

THRON - My 4th great grandfather is Valentine Thron (1810-1893) I descend through his daughter Mary. Valentine immigrated to the U.S. in 1844 from Germany. Beardstown, Cass County, Illinois

SOLOMON - My 4th great grandfather is Peter Donnalson Solomon (1798-1867) I descend through his son James through his daughter Sarah. Illinois - Clark and Moultrie Counties.

WOMACK - My 7th great grandfather is Thomas Womack (1672-1732) I descend through Abraham - Abner - Camilla. Virginia, North Carolina and Kentucky. Abner Womack is the patriot ancestor I used to become a member of the DAR.

FULTON - My 5th great grandfather is Isaac Fulton and I descend through his son John Bennington then through Angeline. Kentucky and Illinois.

No comments:

Post a Comment