03 September 2008

Crowning Glory



The word prompt for the 5th Edition of Smile For The Camera is Crowning Glory. Show us those wonderful photographs of hairdos and maybe even a few don'ts. Don't limit yourself to just hair fashion through the ages, got a great photograph of a hat, helmet, bonnet, or some other interesting headgear?






Well have I got a hat for you! Pay no attention to that silly looking 13 year old girl with the crooked glasses who just had her confirmation. It was 1970 and I didn't know any better. The real star is the Monsignor's chapeau. See that open space in the middle? Where the Virgin Mary is? Well, I distinctly remember there being a different picture in there, several different pictures.
I think it was one of those "Saint of the Week" hats. You know, he rotated the photos according to the Catholic Ecclesiastical Calendar.


I'll bet on the weekends, he puts his fishing license in there.
(I am so going to hell for this one!)LOL

6 comments:

  1. Oh Sheri:

    I'm going to have to pray for you!

    fM

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I've never seen a hat with rotating pictures like that! Hehe. Thanks for that giggle :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You win for my favorite crowning glory. I love your sense of humor.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. You win for my favorite crowning glory entry. I love your sense of humor!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess that would be right up there with "pope on a rope" huh? Funny story and photo Sheri. I love it.

    ReplyDelete