02 December 2008

Saturday Night Diversions on Tuesday

Randy Seaver over at Gene-Musings has stepped in to fill a void for those who have no fun on Saturday nights. Well I do have fun on Saturday nights lately, but my Tuesdays are free! So with the feeling that better late than never, I will play along with Randy.

This past Saturday were were instructed to find the person in our genealogy database whose number assigned to them was 1000. Mine is my 5th Great grandfather Abner Womack. Abner was born 7 January 1764 in Prince Edward County, Virginia and died 14 February 1845 in Butler County, Kentucky. He was married to Agnes Nancy Reed 24 September 1787 in Lincoln County, North Carolina. Abner is special to me as he served as a private in the Revolutionary War and is my patriot ancestor who I used to become a member of DAR.

The previous Saturday , the funmeister asked us to grab the nearest book, open it to page 56, find the 5th sentence and post it for all to see. OK, you asked for it:


"Nice fly rod," she remarked.


Thanks Randy, my Tuesday is now filled with fun. Can't wait to see what you come up with this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment