07 December 2008

Saturday Diversions on Monday

Last week I told you that my Saturday nights are fun and exciting so I would have to play any sanctioned genea-games on another night.

Well my Saturday nights are still fun and exciting but find that I am free today to play. This week there are 2 great games to play.

Lori at
Smokey Mountain Family Historian found a Christmas meme for us to reveal more about ourselves.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper until I run out, then gift bags.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Always real. They smell sooo good.

3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down? The day after New Year's.

5. Do you like eggnog? No.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Barbie Dolls. They are still one of my favorite gifts.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My mother.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My sons.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. But I only have 1/2 of the baby Jesus.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I have not decided this year. In the past I have always mailed them.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? None.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch who Stole Christmas.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I do a little all year long.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Pie!

16. Lights on the tree? Yes

17. Favorite Christmas song? We Three Kings and Have a Holly Jolly Christmas.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? This year travel.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? It depends on how much christmas cheer I have had that day.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve, the rest in the morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Those who are Bah Humbug and don't let me enjoy the season.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? All of them.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Prime Rib.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? You'd laugh if I told you.


Now on to the next genea-game.



Randy Seaver over at Genea-Musings is at it again. Fun and games at the genea-cave. This week it is a Treasure Hunt genea-blogger style. Here are the rules:

For each person listed below, provide the name of the spouse of the person and the genea-blogger to whom they are related.

Please post the answers on your blog (if you have one), or in the comments section of Randy's blog if you don't have a blog. That way it doesn't matter who was first, only that you played the game well.

A bonus question: Who in your ancestry has a very unique name? Tell us - amaze us with the creativity of your ancestors!



1) Emma Priscilla Libby - This comes from West In New England. Emma Priscilla Libby was born June 2, 1849 in Medford,Middlesex, Mass. She married Hugh Martin of Nova Scotia, Canada in November 1869, and they also lived with her parents, Varanus and Ann Smith Libby. Emma and Hugh Martin had one daughter, Elizabeth E. Martin, born about 1872 in Lowell.


2) Cerena Whipple - Can be found at
Apple's Tree. Married 1st to Isaac Davis; 2nd to William D Nichols; 3rd to Amos M Quinby or Quimby.


3) Elenor L. Vreeland - Belongs to Mariam at
AnceStories She was married to John Wallace Lewis.


4) Abbie Ardell Smith - belongs to the host of our hunt, Randy at
Genea-Musings. Abbie was married to Henry Austin Carringer.


5) Daniel Derondo Delaney - Why this is my 3rd great grandfather! He is married to Ellen Collins and you can read all about him
here and over at my companion blog - The Educated Graveyard Rabbit.


6) Ophelia Elizabeth Nix - I recognized this name right away as belonging to Terry Thornton at
Hill Country of Monroe County, Mississippi. Ophelia is married to William Alfred Hollingsworth.

Well that was such great fun. I can't wait to see what he comes up with for next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment