23 November 2008

My 100th Post!





100 POSTS ! I have written 100 articles for my blog. I never would have thought that I would have written 100 words. I would like to thank my agent, my director...Oh wait - wrong party.



In all sincerity I would like to thank a few individuals who have encouraged, nurtured, guilted and bullied me into showing the world who I am and what I can do.

Mariam Midkiff and her Scanfests started it all for me. I got the nerve to come to one of her parties one Sunday morning and I have never looked back. Thank you Mariam for welcoming me so warmly and making me feel like I belonged.

Harold Henderson - whom I admire so much and am in awe of his skills as a journalist, writer and editor. He gave me a wonderful gift when I needed it most - a few minutes of his time - (actually it was way more than a few minutes) to help me become a better writer. Thank you Harold.

Randy Seaver - One of the funniest people I know. But he is also one of the most generous and patient people I know. When I was still hemming and hawing around about starting a blog, Randy approached me and asked if I would be a guest blogger on Genea-Musings. This was a way for me to have a blog-experience without having to commit to a blog of my own. It turned into a 6 part series and by then I was hooked. But you knew that would happen didn't you Mr. Seaver!






















I am so pleased with myself, I can't stand it!

9 comments:

Amy (WeTree) said...

Happy 100th post! Your blog is one of my favorites.

Randy Seaver said...

Happy 100th - that didn't take long, did it? Time sure flies when we're having fun.

Frankly, I asked you if I could use your Samford posts as blog fodder because they were funnier than anything I could ever write, and they captured the joy of learning new things and meeting new people. But then you ended it with a mystery...of Pauline. So I just knew that you had to tell us about her...

I'm glad you're blogging - you brighten my Bloglines every day.

Have a great Thanksgiving-- Randy

Mark Tucker said...

Congrats my friend! So, the hat thing is a long-standing tradition with you.

Mark

Elizabeth said...

Woo hoo! You go girl!

Harold said...

Congratulations, Sheri! I think Randy saw the same thing I did -- you actually already knew how to swim, all that was needed was a gentle nudge into the pool. At this rate you'll be lapping me pretty soon! -- Harold

wendy said...

Sheri - You are AWESOME!! Congrats on the 100th post! Now for the next 100!

Julie Cahill Tarr said...

Congrats!!!

pastprologue said...

Way to go, Sheri! Sto lat! (that's 100 years in Polish, a traditional birthday greeting, but it also applies to blog-iversaries as well)

Donna

Miriam said...

Congrats, Sheri! We're so glad you're a part of the Genea-Bloggers group and thanks for the kind words you sent my way. :-)