23 November 2008

My 100th Post!





100 POSTS ! I have written 100 articles for my blog. I never would have thought that I would have written 100 words. I would like to thank my agent, my director...Oh wait - wrong party.



In all sincerity I would like to thank a few individuals who have encouraged, nurtured, guilted and bullied me into showing the world who I am and what I can do.

Mariam Midkiff and her Scanfests started it all for me. I got the nerve to come to one of her parties one Sunday morning and I have never looked back. Thank you Mariam for welcoming me so warmly and making me feel like I belonged.

Harold Henderson - whom I admire so much and am in awe of his skills as a journalist, writer and editor. He gave me a wonderful gift when I needed it most - a few minutes of his time - (actually it was way more than a few minutes) to help me become a better writer. Thank you Harold.

Randy Seaver - One of the funniest people I know. But he is also one of the most generous and patient people I know. When I was still hemming and hawing around about starting a blog, Randy approached me and asked if I would be a guest blogger on Genea-Musings. This was a way for me to have a blog-experience without having to commit to a blog of my own. It turned into a 6 part series and by then I was hooked. But you knew that would happen didn't you Mr. Seaver!






















I am so pleased with myself, I can't stand it!

9 comments:

  1. Happy 100th post! Your blog is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 100th - that didn't take long, did it? Time sure flies when we're having fun.

    Frankly, I asked you if I could use your Samford posts as blog fodder because they were funnier than anything I could ever write, and they captured the joy of learning new things and meeting new people. But then you ended it with a mystery...of Pauline. So I just knew that you had to tell us about her...

    I'm glad you're blogging - you brighten my Bloglines every day.

    Have a great Thanksgiving-- Randy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats my friend! So, the hat thing is a long-standing tradition with you.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Sheri! I think Randy saw the same thing I did -- you actually already knew how to swim, all that was needed was a gentle nudge into the pool. At this rate you'll be lapping me pretty soon! -- Harold

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheri - You are AWESOME!! Congrats on the 100th post! Now for the next 100!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, Sheri! Sto lat! (that's 100 years in Polish, a traditional birthday greeting, but it also applies to blog-iversaries as well)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats, Sheri! We're so glad you're a part of the Genea-Bloggers group and thanks for the kind words you sent my way. :-)

    ReplyDelete