21 February 2010

2010 Winter Geneabloggers Games Update


I decided not to report daily with my progress. I decided to wait until I had finished a few tasks then report in with the results. While I did manage to accomplish quite a bit, I still have a way to go to meet my goals of platinum medals.

Category 1 - Go Back And Cite Your Sources!
I completed an additional 10 which puts me at a Silver Medal.

Category 2 - Back Up Your Data!
I completed Task B - Secure your hard copies and photos in waterproof containers

Category 3 - Organize Your Research!
I finished Task B - Organize at least 20 digital files into folders, label, add metadata, add descriptions, add tags, etc.

Category 4 - Expand Your Knowledge!
Task C - Create a memorial page for an ancestor using either
Footnote’s Create A Page feature or their Facebook application I Remember

I created a page for my 2nd Great Grandfather - George Wesley Harris at footnote.com
You can see the page by clicking
here.

George Wesley Harris



Category 6 - Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness!
Task A - Comment on a new (to you) genealogy blog
Task B - Post one or more gravestone photos at Find A Grave
Task G - Use the Follow feature on a Blogger-based genealogy blog and follow one or more blogs

Post a Comment