14 February 2010

Off To A Great Start

I started competition yesterday and am off to a great start in the 2010 Winter Geneablogger Games. I competed in all 6 categories. Here are the results:

Category 1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources
I completed 10 which puts me at Bronze Medal Status. 40 more to go to reach my goal of 50.

CATEGORY 2. Back Up Your Data
This was easy peasy. I use Mozy which backs my hard drive up into the clouds.

CATEGORY 3. Organize Your Research

I completed Task C - organize at least 20 photos into photo albums, scrapbooks, collages, protective holder, etc. I put mine into an archival safe box made especially for photographs.

CATEGORY 4. Expand Your Knowledge
I had alot of fun completing Task E - create a surname visualization using Wordle, Word It Out or a similar application. Post the graphic to your blog. I used Wordle.

CATEGORY 5. Write, Write, Write
Task C - prepare several posts in draft mode and pre-publish them. Done.

CATEGORY 6. Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness
Task F - Join a genealogical, historical, heritage or lineage society.
I had let my National Genealogical Society membership lapse last year, but yesterday joined again. I am going to the NGS Conference in Salt Lake City in April and you get a discount on registration if you are a member.

Whew! That was a workout. I am taking today off to rest up for competition in the games tomorrow.

Post a Comment