27 February 2010

A Girl Can Only Dream - SNGF

It's Saturday night, well really afternoon here on the West Coast. We all know what that means - Saturday Night Genealogy Fun over at Randy Seaver's place GeneaMusings





To play the game this week, Randy asks us:





If you won grand prize in the Ancestry.com Ultimate Family History Journey Sweepstakes of $20,000 for genealogy travel to places of your choice, where would you go?








This is kind of along the lines of "when my ship comes in." I usually don't even think about things like that. Why set myself up for a huge disappointment? That damn ship has lost its way and it is never coming in. But since this is genealogically related, I will go ahead and pretend this one time.


If I were to win the $20,000, I would rent an RV and travel to each place that my ancestors lived here in the United States. Where would I go you ask?





Heading East from California, I would stop first in Boise, Ada County, Idaho. I would like to finish my Problem with Pauline story and I need to research onsite to accomplish this.


Next stop would be Kansas. The counties of: Ellis, Lincoln, Ottawa, Saline, Marshall, Osage, Anderson, Elk, Wilson, Neosho, Allen and Bourbon.





Across the state line in Missouri, I would visit: Cass, Jackson and Pettis counties.





North to Iowa and the counties of Poweshiek and Des Moines.





East to Illinois and the counties of Moultrie, Edgar, and Cass.





Continue East to Vigo County, Indiana.





South to Kentucky and the counties of Bourbon and Pulaski





The last leg of the journey would be Southeast to North Carolina. There I would make stops in the counties of Surry, Wilkes, Yadkin, Lincoln, Cleveland and Gaston.





I would dump the RV in North Carolina and fly home. Just like the pigs, the day they start flying is the day I'd win this prize!



2 comments:

  1. I am wishing that pigs fly right to your front door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pigs, and your idea! I would include a few Canadian stops, too, but stopping everywhere our US ancestors lived would help us find the missing facts.

    ReplyDelete