02 April 2010

Well No Wonder I Couldn't Find It !

I can remember clearly my grandmother telling me (on more than one occasion) that her wedding anniversary was the same day as her parents - November 4th.


When I requested a marriage certificate from the State of Kansas for my grandparents, I was told "Sorry but it didn't happen in this state on that date."


Well today look what I found hiding between the pages of an old bible that no one in the family claimed as belonging to them:



Back dating their marriage to August puts my mother's birth at just about the nine month mark. Good thing someone had an "In" with the press. It's easier to swallow a "Secret Marriage" story than having to explain a 9 pound baby who was 3 months premature!

10 comments:

  1. lol. your grandma sounds cool. and smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my daughter had what i call a Hollywood Weddin'..The first child was the ring bearer.. but, secret wendding is THE BEST!! Let's pop a cork of champaign to them!! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Is that an awesome find or what????

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find and great story! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Secret wedding, how cool is that??

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great! I love mysteries solved!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ecellent! What imagination :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. my mother had a saying "the first babies nails are always perfect, but the second might not especially if it was premature".

    stefan

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool!!! What a great find.

    ReplyDelete