07 April 2010

Red Light District?




Well maybe not an entire district, just a hotel. The one I will be staying at when I go to the National Genealogical Society Conference in Salt Lake City in a few weeks. I feel it is so appropriate that I am staying at the only place lit up in red neon lights at night.

"Where are you bunking up at Sheri?" "Oh me? Why I am at the one that leaves a light on. Alot of lights. Neon Red to be exact. A huge red beacon calling out - Come to the dark side Luke. All the cool kids do it."


I am so looking forward to all the trouble I can get the fun my roommate, Donna Pointkouski, and me will have while we are there. During the day, we are of course just your average mild mannered Catholic school girl types. After 5:00 PM though . . .

In the next few weeks, I will be sharing some tips you may find useful when attending a conference, how to make traveling a little easier, etc. but most of all, how to have FUN and still get an education.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you and Donna have lots of fun and look forward to reading about it here. I can't make it to this one but am hoping to go to FGS in August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah... but do they have a pool and oasis? See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear all of your tips. This is my first national conference and I have a "kitchen pass" for the whole week!!! Can't you tell I don't get out much....?

    ReplyDelete