03 September 2011

Pssst. Hey You - Yeah You!

 Last week the media world went a little crazy when Lady Gaga's First Communion photos were unleashed on the public.  Well, I know where you can find the mother lode of some well know bloggers' First Communion photos.

Bloggers like Jasia from the Creative Gene, Lisa Alzo from The Accidental Genealogist, Steve Danko from Steve's Genealogy Blog, Donna Pointkouski from What's Past is Prologue, Lisa/Smallest Leaf  from 100 Years in America and of course Me!

And if you really want to get down, there are even a couple of wedding photos of very young Craig Manson from Geneablogie and Denise Levenick from The Family Curator.


What in the world would bring this "host" (pun intended and yes I did blatantly lift it from Jasia ) of bloggers together?  Why a new blog of course!  Oh, that and the fact that they are all Catholic which brings me to the point of this post - Announcing a new blog.




The brainchild of Donna Pointkouski, THE CATHOLIC GENE is a new blog that will explore Catholic genealogy from the different viewpoints of all the authors. That's just a fancy way of saying that I haven't a clue as to what it's all about but with bloggers like we've got on the show, I know that you won't want to miss a single post!

5 comments:

  1. one ehh.. heck of an announcement. I might have to check in every once in a while to see if you found out what it is you are doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a blog, Sheri! And it looks great, too! I'm not Catholic, but all my husband's lines were...and some of my ancestors, too. The diligence of the Catholic Church in keeping baptismal and sacramental records has been my mainstay in many of my research finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how this new blog unfolds...I love how it is a joint effort!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! I am not Catholic, but I have ancestors who were, so this is a good opportunity to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just in time for my own First Communion at this year's Easter Vigil. Having been with my devout Catholic wife for 10 years now, I finally went through the official conversion process. The funny thing is that my grandfather went through the exact same process almost 60 years ago, when he married my Irish Catholic grandmother.

    ReplyDelete