02 September 2011

Fabulous Friday Favorites


Of all the memes out there, this is the one I really need to make more of an effort to participate in.  How very selfish of me not to share my cache of must-read blogs with you.  So in an effort to redeem myself, here is what caught my attention this week:

Brett Payne (she sighs while batting her eyelashes), better known by his blog PHOTO-SLEUTH,  is back after taking a break from blogging.  His post "Which sibling is it?" is a must read.  I am so in awe of his exceptional  knowledge of Victorian photographers and the equipment they used.   His methods of dating old photographs blows me away sometimes.  I am truly impressed that he knows so much about women's fashion for that time period, in particular the hats!


My B.F.F. Brenda Dougall Merriman made me love her all over again with her post "The Great Big Fat World Tree."  Pay particular attention to the 6th paragraph, last sentence and I know she will win your heart as well!


My Daguerreotype Boyfriend is one for the ladies.  It's unknown author describes the blog as "Where early photography meets extreme hotness."  Need I say more?  I am absolutely green with envy that I didn't come up with this idea myself.



The photo below is for my son who bet me $20 that I couldn't prove I was part Vulcan.  Hah!  Pony up cowboy.  You would think my children would know by now not to ever doubt my word!


4 comments: