09 September 2009

A Simply Brilliant Idea!

So I have this friend of mine who is but a mere mortal. He does not blog, he has no interest in genealogy or historical research. He does have a sharp mind and every now and then comes up with some lulus. He has come to the conclusion the Geneabloggers are like a big team. And when you have a winning team what is the next logical step????





GENEABLOGGER TRADING CARDS !!!










He tells me that I need to have another card with me in my party hat and another where I look like a PTA mom. All the bloggers get trading cards made up and then we all collect each others cards and the fun we could all have from this is endless!

I told him that I would throw it out there and let the people come to their own conclusions. And then he said, " You would really put this on your blog?" And so I told him, "But of course, they have all learned to expect this kind of behaviour from me."

12 comments:

  1. And let me be the first to say you may have let the Genie out of the bottle here. Look out! fM proposed something similar with a MiniMoo exchange, but trading cards bump the ante. We'd each have our own persona; eventually we could play poker!

    Thanks for your comments today over at The Family Curator on comments vs. tweets. I am mounting a campaign to Save Our Comments and doing my bit to share the word.

    I'll be working on my card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of trading cards! I'll play the game, whatever it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!! As long as WE get to pick what goes on the card...no stat's like on baseball cards, height, WEIGHT :-0 Hmmm, I'll have to start thinking about what I would want to include.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a graet idea. I trade ATC cards with my friends and penpals via the mail which is similar. ok now i'm going to start thinking of cards to make!
    ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes and what would you propose for the Randy Seaver's and Tina's of the blog world???!!????

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea! It would be perfect if there were a template and we could each add our photo and witty saying!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! LOL I am waiting for Thomas to make up the template now! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, For the third time I will try to leave a comment. I love this idea. One day maybe our descendants will be bidding for our Genea-Cards on Ebay. LOL Baseball & Pokeman move over.

    I agree I hope a template will be designed for us less artistically inclined. Great idea!
    Tina Sansone (Gtownma)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! But yes a template would make life simple for most of us. I'll play

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome! My day I am a chump, but by night, I turn into a total Meatbag! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it, Sista! (just catching up after getting back from va-cay, so I'm late to the party)

    ReplyDelete