06 August 2009

Happy Blogaversary To Me!


Can you believe that one entire year has gone by? It seems like the older I get, the days go by so much quicker. I can clearly remember being 20 years old and thinking that 40 was just ancient. I can clearly remember taking my oldest son to his first day of kindergarten. Damn kid had another birthday last week and took such delight in telling me that he is now 32 years old. I remind him that there still is no "real" proof that he is mine. I had C-Sections for all three of my boys. I went to sleep, I woke up and they gave me a baby. This was back in the day before id bracelets, blood work, fingerprinting, etc. They could have screwed up. I could have been given the wrong child. What? It could have happened. In the case of my oldest though, I must admit that he looks exactly like me. And if I am going to keep one, I might as well keep all three.


I had a few friends send me some Happy Blogaversary Cards and thought it appropriate to share some of them with you. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.


































Without the support from the Geneablogger community, I don't think that I would have started this adventure. The encouragement and help and moral support that has been given to me this past year is priceless. I have a ways to go yet, but I am well on my way to becoming the best genealogist and historical researcher that I can possibly hope be. The education of a genealogist never really ends. It is alot of work and there are days I am sure my brain will explode. However, I am so very lucky to have friends (like the ones shown below) that I know will be there for me. Ain't Life Grand!


There are many more that should be included in this work of art, but I was unable to find a photo of them. They know who they are.




14 comments:

  1. First! I am up early and can't sleep (keeping the "Thomas is a vampire" rumor alive) so I get to be the first to say:

    Happy Blogiversary!!!!

    Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri,
    You're right - I remember very well the morning I read your first blog post and it's hard to believe it's been a year already. Happy blogoversary, friend! I love the cards - not surprising - I usually love whatever I find here. Your personality always comes shining through. Here's to many more years of The Educated Genealogist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogiversary Sheri! What a wonderful year it has been in the blogosphere thanks to you and your blog. You make my days brighter and for that I thank you.

    Looking forward to many more years of Happy Sheri posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary, Sheri! A year
    already? I enjoy reading your posts, and that picture of you in that party hat always gets a smile from me!

    You keep writing, and I'll sure keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. On one hand, I can't believe it's been a whole year, and on the other, it seems like you've been blogging forever!Happy Blogoversary to you, Sheri, and many, many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Sheri. I look forward to reading many, many more and laughing a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mother Superior,

    Greetings and salutations on this the tremendous occasion of your first blogiversary. We Sisters on the East Coast have learned much from the esteemed Educated Genealogist, and we pray that you may continue this wonderful endeavor.

    With love and affection,
    Sista Donner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not only do I remember your first post, but I also remember a certain Scanfest where a Ms. Sheri was "nervous" about starting her own blog. HA! Glad that nervousness finally wore off and you've become a prolific geneablogger!

    When I grow up (and no longer live under small-person dictatorship), I want to be just like you! :-)

    {{Hugs}} on your 1st blogaversary - here's to many more! :-*

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dad always said, "The older you get the faster time goes." Now, the older I get the more I know that statement is true! But, I would change a thing! Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm last and late! That's what I get for being under the weather.

    You are no longer a blogling my friend! Congratulations and here's to many more years of peril from all the nun jokes.

    And just let me say, we are all the better for knowing you. You keep us on our toes and laughing.

    I do wish you had posted the "I Dream of Jeannie" photo in this group. That would have been a real keeper.

    More! More! More!

    -fM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Roomie! Sorry I am so late! Can't believe it had been a year...time goes so very fast. It has been an awesome year and I look forward to all of your fun loving, educated posts! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete