02 January 2009

The Year In Review (2008) - 6 Sentences Twice

The latest meme that genea-bloggers are having fun with is "The Year in Review". You are to take the first sentence of the first post of each month.

I didn't start my blog until August 2008 so I don't have 12 sentences. But you know me, I hate to miss out on the party. So I'll tell you what I'm gonna do....

I'll post the first 2 sentences from each month of last year and I'll still have the 12 sentences!

Here we go....

AUGUST 2008 - They say that there is a first time for everything. Most people experience those firsts one at a time.

SEPTEMBER 2008 - After looking at all the land Pauline/Helen had purchased I got to thinking, what about the place where she died? Well after looking at some plat maps for Ada county, I came to find out that Helen Hunt had homesteaded the land.

OCTOBER 2008 - Donna Pointkouski over at What's Past Is Prologue is celebrating Polish-American Heritage month by hosting a festival of Polish Heritage and has issued a challenge to complete one or more of the tasks on her list. Not Polish you say?

NOVEMBER 2008 - For those who don't know, I have joined a group called The Association of Graveyard Rabbits . This group, which is the brainchild of Terry Thornton, is made up of individuals who are interested in promoting the historical importance of cemeteries, grave markers, and the family history to be learned from a study of burial customs, burying grounds, and tombstones.

DECEMBER 2008 - Please excuse the blog mess while I try and spiff up the place for the Christmas Tour of Blogs that is coming up. Now where did I put those neon reindeer...?

No comments:

Post a Comment