08 May 2010

SNGF - Who's Your Mama?


I haven't played along with Saturday Night Genealogy Fun over at Randy Seaver's place GeneaMusings in like ages. But this is one I can easily accomplish.

If you want to party with the SNGF gang this week, then here is your task:

1) List your matrilineal line - your mother, her mother, etc. back to the first identifiable mother. Note: this line is how your mitochondrial DNA was passed to you!
2) Tell us if you have had your mitochondrial DNA tested, and if so, which Haplogroup you are in.


MY MATERNAL LINEAGE:

a) Me

b) My Mother

c) My grandmother MARYELLEN HARRIS [1916 Bronson, Bourbon County, Kansas - 1995 Sam Jose, Santa Clara County, California] married Darrell K. Skillman

d) My great grandmother HAZEL BERRY [1896 Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa - 1965 Garnett, Anderson County, Kansas] married Hillary T. Harris

e) My 2nd great grandmother LAURA CORDELIA ROBINSON [1862 Pittsburgh, Alleghney County, Pennsylvania - 1951 Garnett, Anderson County, Kansas] married William Campbell Berry

f) My 3rd great grandmother MARGARET DILKS [1839 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - 1935 Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa] married David Robinson

g) My 4th great grandmother MARGARET BOWMAN [1807 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania] married Arthur Dilks



Maternal Lineage

Top Row: Me, My Mother, Maryellen Harris
Bottom Row: Hazel Berry, Laura Robinson, Margaret Dilks

I have had my mtDNA tested and I am in haplogroup R, subgroup B4c. Sounds impressive, but I haven't a clue as to what that means.


MY PATERNAL LINEAGE:

a) Me

b) My father Stanley Edmund Beffort [1935 Salina, Saline County, Kansas - 1988 West Fork, Washington County, Arkansas]

c) My grandmother MYRTLE MAE BORGSTADTER [ 1918 Lincoln County, Kansas - 2009 Salina, Saline County, Kansas] married Edmund Robert Beffort

d) My great grandmother EMOGENE BESSON [ 1888 Tescott, Ottawa County, Kansas - 1957 Bennington, Ottawa County, Kansas] married Henry Borgstadter

e) My 2nd great grandmother SARAH JANE SOLOMON [1863 Moultrie County, Illinois] married Louis Ernst Besson

f) My 3rd great grandmother ANGELINE FULTON [1837 Illinois - 1887 Tescott, Ottawa County, Kansas] married James Arthur Solomon

g) My 4th greatgrandmother AMY HAYDEN [1810 Fleming County, Kentucky - 1847 Moultrie County, Illinois] married John Bennington Fulton

h) My 5th greatgrandmother SARAH MC CLELLAN [1774 Pennsylvania - 1857 Fleming County, Kentucky] married Barnabus Hayden

Paternal Maternal Lineage
Top row: Me, Stanley Beffort, Myrtle M. Borgstadter
Botton row: Emogene Besson, Sarah Solomon, Angeline Fulton

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so lucky to have all those pictures. There is a definate resemblance in you father's mother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a resemblance between you and your mother's mother. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your compilation of photographs. Can see the resemblances.

    ReplyDelete