12 August 2018

10 Years of Blogging!


Ten years ago, Randy Seaver of GeneaMusings, invited me to write a series of articles on his blog as his guest.  They told the story of my attending the Institute of Genealogical and Historical Research at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama for the first time.  You can read all of the articles HERE.

The posts were well received but after the last one in the series, Randy kicked me off his blog telling me to go start one of my own.  And so the "Educated Genealogist" was born.

I didn't remember it was my anniversary.  I read about it on the GeneaBloggers Tribe website.  Thanks Geneabloggers!





According to Wikipedia, the traditional 10th anniversary gift is tin or aluminum.  However, the librarians at the Chicago Public Library created a modern gift list and they say that diamond jewelry is the proper gift for a 10th anniversary.  Librarians know best so I am going with diamonds.  Please feel free to send me either one of the tiaras below.





Just an FYI:  IGHR is now held at the University of Georgia Center for Continuing Education & Hotel on the University of Georgia Campus in historic Athens, Georgia.  To learn more click HERE.


10th anniversary logo courtesy of 123rf

5 comments:

  1. Happy 10th blogiversary! I wish you many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 10th blogiversary!!!

    I have no memory of "kicking you off" my blog but I do recall encouraging you to start your own, and you did, and you've been going 10 years.

    Keep it going -- hugs, Randy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a happy 10th blogiversary and many more! Later in the month is my 10th anniversary so I will have to shop for my own tiara LOL Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I diamond tiara is definitely a more fitting celebratory gift for your 10th blogiversary. And congratulations! So glad to have you as a fellow blogger and conference buddy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. May you wear your tiara for at least another ten years :) Carry on, dear Sheri!!

    ReplyDelete