11 May 2017

NGS Conference - Happy, Happy, Happy!

I am so happy I made the decision to attend the National Genealogical Society Conference in Raleigh, North Carolina.  Not only are the classes wonderful but seeing old friends and meeting new ones has been just the kick I needed to get my genealogy mojo back.


Left to right:  Leslie Carney, Cheryl Hudson Passey, Amy Johnson Crow, Amy Urman and me.  Thanks to J. Paul Hawthorne for taking the photo!


Jay and I share Wilson and Faulconer ancestors from Bourbon County, Kentucky.  We are on a mission to get them straightened out!


I met some new friends:  Ari Wilkins, Claudia Breland, Luana Darby, Shelley Bishop.

Ari is a library associate at the Dallas Public Library which is where Lloyd Bockstruck worked for many, many years.  I adore that man!

I hope to see more old friends tonight at the ProGen Meetup and the APG Meetup:  Annette Burke Lyttle, Angela McGhie, Barry Kline, Roger Moffat, Michael Hait.

Speaking of Progen, I was told today that they have formed the class of ProGen 33!  I am so proud to be an alumni of the very first ProGen class back in 2008.  If you have not completed this course, run as fast as you can to their website and sign yourself up.  It is an 18 month long commitment, but you will be glad you did it!


No comments:

Post a Comment