04 December 2014

Twelve Days of Christmas with Surnames

The people over at Crestleaf are having a Scavenger Hunt using surnames found on their website.  The prize for the most creative is $250!  Here is my entry:



On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
A Partridge in a Peartree


There are 3220 with the surname of Partridge and 60 with the surname of Peartree.


On the second day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Two Turtle Doves

Only 6 with the surname of Turtledove.


On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Three French Hens


Only a partial for this one -  20,832  with the surname of French.


On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Four Calling Birds


This one I had to split up -  5 with the surname of Calling  and  too many to count with the surname of Bird.

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Five Golden Rings


Only 3 with the surname of Goldenring.


On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Six Geese a Laying


I found the surname of Geese.


On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Seven Swans a Swimming


There are surnames of  Swan  and   Swim.


On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Eight Maids a Milking


With no surnames of Maids or Milking, I will use the name of Maidens.


On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Nine Ladies Dancing


Had to improvise with surnames of Lady and Dance.


On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Ten Lords a Leaping


I found the surnames of Lords and Leap.


On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Eleven Pipers Piping


There are oodles with the surname of Piper.


On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me:
Twelve Drummers Drumming


There are 450 people with the surname of Drummer and 21 with the surname of Drumming.


I know it's not part of the song, but I was very amused to find quite a few with the surname of GRINCH!


1 comment:

  1. Grinch? Oh, that'd be a hard one to live with... I guess it'd help if you had a good sense of humor. Or, perhaps if you truly were a grinch!

    ReplyDelete