22 March 2011

Activities To Keep You Busy, When You Should Be Working


While I was over at Big Huge Labs recently, I found that they have a couple of new additions to their List O Fun. One of these is make your own map.  You can choose the entire world or just the United States.  Maybe you'd like one of just European countries?  Consider it done.  There are alot of useful and creative ways to use this cool tool.  I made one that shows the states where my ancestors settled.




Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Where My Ancestors Settled
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com




The other is Postage Stamp Yourself!  I really like this one.


But the reason I was visiting the site in the first place was because of a suggestion from a friend.  Tina Sansone, who writes a genealogy column for Bella Online and is the author of Gtownma's Genealogy blog, made a most excellent suggestion.  Bring back the genealogy blogger trading cards!

Every now and then,  I get in these moods.  When I am supposed to be working, I get an overwhelming urge to do something else.  I have very little self discipline when these moods hit me but I use what I got and try to be a little productive.

When this happened back in 2009, the end result was  Genealogy Blogger Trading Cards!




With over 1700 genealogy bloggers out there, this can be a great way to get to know each other a little better.

So head on over to Big Huge Labs and create your trading card.  Post it on your blog and let me know about it.  I have started a Genealogy Blogger Trading Card Group over at Facebook and will post all of the cards there.


9 comments:

  1. Sheri - I am not quite ready to have a trading card yet, but I love the stamp generator! We can always count on you to add some fun to life!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ratz. I was going to work on those Genea-goals today too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun Sheri, and it is 4:30 here already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...but I am supposed to be working to finish my second novel... oh, well, here I go. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. See: http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/2011/03/what-do-you-think.html ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd rather be doing "activities" than working anytime. LOL Thanks for the plug. Once I get some free time I am going to do another genea-card...

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheri, thanks for sharing this fun site. The map generator was very easy to use and inserts easily into a blog post. I must make time to try some of the other tantalizing options.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas. mixer fun always helps.
    I happen to see on somones blog a redo of a frenchy love couch done in a map. Now if she had been a genealogist,I might think it was taking it a bit too far. But well, she wasn't and I still find the idea intriquing and something to play with. Maybe a foot stool, so you can say you had your feet in Hawaii, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheri,
    Love the ideas and the trading card of yours is priceless! Thanks for sharing the fun!

    ReplyDelete