24 January 2010

SNGF - My Other Life

Last night was Saturday Night Genealogy Fun over at Randy Seaver's place. Our mission, should we decide to accept it:



Tell us about your "other" hobbies or interests outside of genealogy and family history research, writing, speaking, etc.

I love puzzles, all sorts of puzzles. I love word logic puzzles and my all time favorite - jigsaw puzzles. My dining room table or the kitchen table will always have a puzzle in progress on one of them.

I collect buttons and beads and have oodles of jars (45 to be exact) filled with them and displayed in the dining room hutch. I also have almost 150 Barbie Dolls.

I love to read. Horror and Sci-Fi are the kind of books that I really enjoy.

I love to do yard work. Not the sissy "prune the rose bushes" kind of yard work, but the lawn mowing, tree branch cutting, getting all dirty and sweaty kind of yard work.



Me mowing Tina Sansone's lawn near Memphis, Tennessee


When I was down with the swine flu and then bronchial pneumonia a couple of months ago, I started watching TV, alot of TV. I am now hopelessly addicted to "24", "NCIS", "Stargate Universe" and "Caprica"

11 comments:

  1. I'm a jigsaw puzzle fan too! I didn't list that on my hobbies list on FB because I don't do them that often. I really enjoy them when I can devote the time and space to them but that doesn't happen often. Oddly enough, it used to be one of my favorite hobbies back when I was in college and the years immediately after. My best girlfriend and I used to do one every weekend... even staying up till the wee hours of the morning with a bottle of wine to get it done. Some party animal I was, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like logic problems too. I haven't seen Caprica yet but it's available on Hulu so I imagine I'll be hooked before long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the down and dirty yard work, too, but not in a dress and sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I've pruned my rose bush... NOT a job for sissies!! That heinous beast almost bled me to death. I was so mad I pruned it to within an inch of its life. Or possibly worse. I guess we'll find out in the spring. If I slew it, so much the better! Fie! Evil bush!

    (Note to self: need chain saw.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I have picked myself up off the floor (from laughing my ass off at T.K.'s comment!)

    I officially stand corrected - Rose bushes are not for sissies!

    Jasia I would puzzle like a party animal with you!

    Apple - If you like sci-fi, you'll love Caprica.

    GrannyPam - It's called attitude Dahling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For some online jigsaw puzzles try www.jigzone.com !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Fenley,

    I wasn't surprised to see the picture with the lawn mower. What - you didn't take your bathing suit to Memphis and Samford?

    I also had a good laugh over TK's comment. Our rose bushes attack me every time I get near them - sometimes when pushing the lawn mower around.

    Thanks for sharing! -- Seaver

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you've got to be addicted to a TV show, 24 is it! I'm right there with you every nail-biting second. Love that show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love logic puzzles, too. I solved a three-star difficulty one on the plane yesterday and I was really proud of myself, lol. Aside from my mom and sis, you're the only other person I know who likes logic puzzles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the picture!!! Also love Caprica! I just discovered it last weekend and am hooked!

    ReplyDelete