07 February 2009

Nuns With Guns




I'll bet you are asking yourself right now - "What does this picture have to do with genealogy?"



My answer to that is - Nothing .


But my purpose for this blog is twofold, genealogy and education. So here comes the part about education.


As some of you know, I was practically raised by nuns. Well....I attended Catholic school until I entered high school....same thing.


The life of a nun has certainly changed from when I used to hang with the sisters. If the photo above does not convince you, just take a look at these blogs authored by "Honest-To-God-Bona-Fide-Catholic-Nuns":









Note: This was one of the hardest posts I have ever written. I was severely impaired by the tears in my eyes from uncontrolled bouts of laughter.


Note #2: I am certain that I am in trouble for this, therefore I am opting to use one of my "Get-Out-Of-Hell-Free" cards which is shown below.


8 comments:

  1. LOL!

    Sheri,
    We'll have to trade nun stories sometime. I went all the way through high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Nuns with Guns photo!
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is better than Bikini Girls With Machine Guns (and old song by The Cramps)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent! (I need one of those "Get-Out-of-Hell-Free" cards, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheri,

    Didja ever see the "Nuns with Guns" calendar they put out every year? I get it for a friend of mine who is a priest.

    As Sr. Mary Margaret would say, "Child, you are going to hell..."

    That said, thanks for introducing me to some fantastic blogs! I love blogging nuns!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Sheri. This summer I will tell you my sister's nun story, and you will understand what passes for funny in my family.

    Harold

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just how many "Get-Out-of-Hell-Free" cards do you have? Is it like a cat's seven lives or are they unlimited?

    When they run out you'd better let us know so we can start praying for you.

    -fM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to tell....Those Nuns were my teachers in high school. The photo was taken to go into the brochure for the Summer Camp they ran when school was out. They offered Skeet Shooting. Little did they know how far that photo would travel. Most of them have passed away now but they were all good teachers who really tried to shove something into our heads. And I guess it worked...I'm a Carmelite now!

    ReplyDelete