27 February 2009

Names, Places and Most Wanted Faces

Well Craig Manson over at GeneaBlogie has jumped on the meme bandwagon and has come up with not only a meme, but a very useful meme. How many of us started our blogs because we wanted to connect with others researching the same families as ourselves? How many of us actually advertise what surnames we are researching? I don't know about you, but this was a very "duh" moment for me. Like why didn't I think of doing that?

Craig's meme instructions are quite simple:

"List the surnames you are researching and the general localities. Then tell the names of your “Most Wanted Ancestors,” that is, the ones you most want to find behind that brickwall."

The first list I have is the surnames of my family. I am going to list them a little differently, listing them by geographic area first then the surname.

LINCOLN COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA
  • Beam
  • Bess
  • Carpenter
  • Dellinger
  • Hoyle
  • Wacaster

SURRY & YADKIN COUNTY, NORTH CAROLINA

  • Harris
  • Naylor
  • Rhodes
  • Welborn

DES MOINES COUNTY, IOWA

  • Berry
  • Dilks
  • Ping
  • Robinson

ELLIS COUNTY, KANSAS

  • Befort
  • Ernst
  • Stecklein

SOUTHEAST KANSAS - BOURBON, ALLEN, ELK, WILSON, ANDERSON & NEOSHO COUNTIES

  • Berry
  • Delaney
  • Harris
  • Sheern
  • Skillman

The other list I want to present is my SIL's that I am researching:

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

  • Eising
  • Blun
  • Strauss
  • Rothschild
  • Guggenheim
  • Neugass
  • Seligman

PORTLAND, OREGON

  • Meier
  • Hirsch

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA

  • Heller
  • Walter
  • Bachman
  • Ehrman
  • Newman
  • Shainwald
  • Ehrlich
  • Symonds
  • Fleishhacker
  • Meertief
  • Sinsheimer
  • Sinton
  • Koshland
  • Sachs
  • Stern

OK, I showed you mine......Let's see yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment