23 August 2008

My Tallies for the Games


The Genea-Blogger Games officially ended today at noon o'clock. I am proud of myself. I accomplished so many things. And the biggest thing of all? Starting this blog and starting to actually write. Mega-thanks to Miriam, Thomas and Kathryn for setting the whole thing up and to footnoteMaven for the Games logo and medals designs. I would still be procrastinating if it weren't for participating in the Games.

My accomplishments are as follows:

1. Go Back And Cite Your Sources!

I completed 30 citations on this post and another 20 citations on this post.

50 citations = PLATINUM MEDAL


3. Organize Your Research!

I completed Events A, B, C, D and E on this post.

Completion of 5 Events = DIAMOND MEDAL

4. Write, Write, Write!

I completed Event A here.
Event B - I went to the Genea-blogger's Picnic over at Bill West's place and I submitted a photo and story to footnoteMaven for her I Smile For The Camera Carnival.
I completed Event C on this post.
Event D - My ancestor biography can be found here.

Completion of 4 Events = DIAMOND MEDAL

5. Reach Out and Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness!

I completed Events A, B, D and E all here.
I completed Event F here.
I finished off the category with Event C here.

Completion of all 6 events = PLATINUM MEDAL

My cheering section told me "You Go, Girl!" So I "Got Up and Went!"

3 comments:

  1. We're so glad you finally started blogging, Sheri. From the moment Randy posted your "Sheri Goes to Samford" posts on his blog, I was hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Sheri! I admire your efficiency in accomplishing research tasks; even better, though, is how the way you write about your successes is both enjoyable and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your medals! I'm impressed with the extraordinary efforts put out by all the participants. A special thanks to Thomas, Miriam and Kathryn for their efforts organizing both the Genea-Bloggers group and these games. What a wonderful way to build community!

    ReplyDelete