05 September 2013

Final Session of "Mastering Genealogical Proof"

This summer I was not able to travel and attend the many conferences and institutions that were going on.  However, my "staycation" was not spent lazing away the hot summer days by the pool.  I found a way to continue my genealogical education from the comfort (although sweltering hot) of Camp Fenley.

I was one of 12 people who sat on a Google Hangout panel that worked through the new book by Dr. Thomas Jones chapter by chapter.  Our moderator was Dear Myrtle who was assisted by her trusty sidekick and real life cousin Russ Worthington.  The other wonderful people who sat on the panel were Cary Bright, Carol Petranek, Michael Hait, Darlene Steffens,  Kathryn Lake Hogan, Jennifer Dondero, Peggy Lauritzen, Lori Meyer, Pat Kuhn, Pam Drake and Barry Kline.

The book - "Mastering Genealogical Proof"  by Thomas Jones is available from the National Genealogical Society.

Below is the archived version from our last session.

3 comments:

  1. Sheri

    It was an honor to be on the panel with you. I enjoyed and learned lots from your insight.

    Staycation ?? or a wonderful journey. For me, it was a worthwhile journey, that took lots of work. Working in a community really helped. (me, at least)

    Thank you,

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri

    It was an honor to be on the panel with you. I enjoyed and learned lots from your insight.

    Staycation ?? or a wonderful journey. For me, it was a worthwhile journey, that took lots of work. Working in a community really helped. (me, at least)

    Thank you,

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen all the hangouts using YouTube and am gradually working through the books and hangouts again after receiving the book. It is great having other members of the community to share the experience.
    A big thumbs up to all the panelists and their hard work.

    ReplyDelete