26 October 2012

The Art of Writing Letters

Boy, that makes it sound so grand, doesn't it?  No wonder it's like pulling teeth to get our children to sit down and write anything, much less a letter.

I don't usually endorse or do reviews on products, but I was approached by Pamela Lohman who is the owner of a company called "GrandConnect" and her product was created to try and close the generational gap between grandparents and grandchildren with a clever monthly writing program.



This is how it works:  The kit comes with 2 identical folders that include colorful stationary, suggested writing topics and a pledge for each person to sign promising to write letters every month.

I don't have grandchildren yet so I am going to use the kit with my mother.  It is only a 2 hour drive to my mother's home and I don't make that trip often enough.  Promising to write her every month and having the fun stationary to do it with should be a grand adventure.  



Disclosure:  I was provided with a GrandConnect kit to use and write a review.

2 comments:

  1. The cards looks awesome, will try to have some of this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading this article. I'm a believer in validation as well. Also like to encourage beginning genealogists.

    Regards, Grant

    ReplyDelete