10 June 2011

Adventures at Jamboree

So here I am at the Southern California Genealogical Society's 42nd annual Jamboree, minding my own business when out of nowhere I am kidnapped by a marauding band of genealogists who ply me with a few drinks and force me to wear a parrot on my head. If this photo doesn't start my phone ringing off the wall with clients wanting my services for professional genealogical and historical research, I don't know what will.

This is typical of the fun you too can have when you come to Jamboree. If the party atmosphere is a bit too much, there is of course the real reason people come to Jamboree - 130 speakers giving almost 200 presentations over three full days of genealogical heaven. The vendors this year are so varied, there is certainly something for everyone.

There is still time - come join us on the most excellent Jamboree adventure!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! I wonder if they have as much fun at FGS? I will be attending for the first time this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's your story and you're sticking to it, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got To Love Her? (Previous Post) Got To Love You!

    If you ever want to change professions, I think party planner is in your future.

    A wonderful time was had by all.

    -fM

    ReplyDelete